Davenport Screw Machine Operator
Job Description - Davenport Screw Machine Operator
Classification: At-Will; Hourly
Reports to: Shop Foreman
Position Purpose: Set up, operate and maintain Davenport screw machines
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate Davenport Model B screw machines; ability to set up the machines is preferred.
- Sets up machines by setting tool positions; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; measuring parts and comparing to specifications.
- Prepares and maintains cutting tools and accessories as required
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring produced parts.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Move and load 12 foot bars of metal
- Dexterity and strength to set up and adjust machines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take direction from supervisor and senior operators to achieve acceptable levels of productivity and quality
- Alert supervisor if there are problems with machines
- Coordinate and cooperate with other employees to meet customer requirements and deadlines
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, modified or changed at any time at the company’s discretion. Changes may be made formally, informally either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
- Read and understand complex blueprints
- Must be proficient in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High school diploma or GED or verifiable work experience.
- Prior directly related Davenport Screw Machine experience and excellent references